Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Rainy day...

Rainy days are good days. Most people complain how depressing they are, but I look at them as an opportunity. I was forced to stay in all day and actually got something done! I started cleaning the basement!!!

It was so therapeutic! I only got a small section done, but there is 16 years of junk down there that has never really been cleaned up. Yeah, once or twice we threw a few things out, but never really gone through it. I went through my old college papers, wow what memories! I was actually a person a long time ago that was creative and intelligent! I read a few of the papers I wrote, some were good, some were shitty. I probably could have accomplished more, but it was good. I really feel like I did something worth while. I haven't felt that way in a while. Now I don't feel guilty sitting here goofing off on the computer!

I have had an issue with the mess in the basement for a long time. I once said, if I clean the basement I would feel so much better about myself. Maybe it's true. As I throw out the junk I clean up my soul, something I really need.

Maybe once the clutter is gone, my life won't be such a mess and I can start living again. It will be like lifting the black cloud off me finally. Only time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment