I lay in bed last night with the window open listening to the world around me. I heard a motorcycle scream by and slowly fade into the distance. Then I heard the swish sound all the smaller cars made on the distant highway. But the longer I listened the less I heard the sounds of man and the more I started hearing the sounds of nature. I heard a bird singing a pretty song on and off all night, like it was looking for a lost love. Cats were fighting, maybe over another cat? The crickets played a beautiful symphony all night. I wonder what was the rustling sound was, a mouse, a squirrel, a raccoon? Trees applauded the crickets with each gentle breeze. It was a wondrous event, listening to the night. I wonder what my love hears during the night?
Life is too short, I need to enjoy more and worry less. I need to be happy, but forgot how. I must learn to live again!
No comments:
Post a Comment