Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Another cloudy day...

Today it's very muggy and cloudy out. It looks the sky could burst open any minute. With the heat and humidity that would guarantee fierce thundering and lightening. I love storms. A storm is like mother nature having a fight. The stronger the storm the bigger the fight.

The sheer power of lightening can be so frightening. I have seen first hand what lightening can do and it's scary! When I was a kid we had a bolt of lightening come down our chimney and strike out television. It was blinding and deafening a the same time. It happened so quickly it was shocking. It took several minutes for the entire event to register. My ears rang for days from the explosive sound. No one was hurt, but it left a permanent mark on my mind, that's for sure.

I love how is smells and feels after a storm. The wet grass and moldy smell in the air. The cool air that envelopes you, making you feel refreshed. Everything feels clean after a storm. A nice cold shower for the earth to refresh it and spruce it up. The planets and trees seem perky and bright.

A good storm is nice. I h0pe we have one today.

No comments:

Post a Comment